Monday, October 3, 2011

We've Got News...

Telling friends and family that you're pregnant is one of those gifts you don't get that often, usually twice, first when you're engaged and now this, so Baleen and I have absolutely treasured telling people. Our telling hasn't changed much, and we haven't done anything cute or surprising, we've just told people, and what's surprised us is the range of responses. Everybody's been excited, of course, but for some it was a real surprise. Not that it happened, just that it did when it did. After all, Baleen and I had talked about our Five Year Plan around our wedding last August with kids toward the tail end. Plans change.

See if you can match the reponse to the responder. First person to get them all right gets a modest prize in the mail. Something valued between banana bread and an IKEA coupon. Guessed answers in the comment section, please, with the winner announced a week from today.

1. Grizzly (Hopalong's dad)      
2. Team Kamvar (the elder)     
3. Walker W.                               
4. Margarine (Hopalong's brother) 
5. Team Kamvar (the younger) 
6. Mr. Combover (jdk)            
7. Hopalong
8. Amanda L.                               

a. Why'd you let me go on and on with my boring story?
b. I knew it!
c. Now you can move to Minnesota.
d. You're joking. You're joking. You're joking.
e. I'm sorry, the baby was crying. What'd you say?
f. totltaly amamzing (via email)
g. Was this planned?
h. [chin near the ground for three seconds] What? You're pregnant?

5 comments:

CRW said...

Ok....I'm going to try...sort of cheating because you've told me at least one...

1. G
2. B
3. D (love that I don't know this and he is my hubby)
4. A
5. E
6. F
7. H
8. C

can i get some banana bread regardless? :)

Margarine said...

For sure number 1 has to be a. If you want to tell dad something in the first ten minutes of a phone call, you have to blurt it out before you say hello. And if you want to be absolutely certain, you should probably block your number so he can't recognize the caller ID and launch right into a long explanation of something even before you have a chance to identify yourself and say what you want to say.

1.a
2.g
3.d
4.b
5.e
6.f
7.h
8.c

Baleen & Hopalong said...

Dead heat for that banana bread plus as each of the two entries are 75% correct. With grade inflation that's a solid B.

mkg said...

I'm going in for the win. I disagree with Margarine and say for sure number 2 has to be a. I can say that because he's my bro.

1. g
2. a
3. d
4. b
5. e
6. f
7. h
8. c

Baleen & Hopalong said...

And we have a winner. MKG, even boldly calling out Margarine's error.