Friday, October 7, 2011

A Little Boy!!

Baleen and I got the good news that we'll be having a little boy in March. We're celebrating with an overnight trip to Boston where we'll sit next to each other, snooze, and hopefully wake up in the airport for some Dunkin Donuts. What we won't be doing is Hangman or homemade Ad-Libs like we have in the past. This is the one we put together after retuning from S2B and Margarine's engagement party in Austin. I wrote the Ad-Lib, Baleen filled in the adjective, noun, type of food, gender or whatever else that's in CAPS below. Here goes.

Poppy came one HAIRY morning. SHE popped out with a full head of AQUA MARINE hair and said "WOWZERS, mom. It's good to meet you." SHE turned to Hopalong. "You must be mom's ABS. Now that we're all here, I have a few requests. One, a HALTER TOP, please. Everybody's staring at me, naked as the day I was born. Two, how about some SALAMI SANDWICHES. I've been drinking mother's milk for nine months now. Third, I'd like to go to OKLAHOMA CITY. I've been to Austin, China, Boston, New Mexico, Athens, Ios, Istanbul, and London without anybody asking me where I'd like to go. Lastly, am I called JARED or what. I've been called Poppy, Prunie, Penelope, Baxter, Cleo and Beatrix. It's time I got to know myself."

3 comments:

Matt Abbot said...

Looking for names? Your brother and I have a suggestion.

Baleen & Hopalong said...

Ha. maybe the German version, Matthias. xo

Lizzie said...

Brilliant. My favorite part is "...one hairy morning."