Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lobster Roll

Carole and Mike put together a little pre-wedding ride for me this past weekend while Baleen and the other bridesmaids were getting air brushed. I brought my shoes and spandex, they provided the helmet and bike. It was a fixie, which meant that my legs never stopped spinning for 50 miles.

Or rather, they pedals never stopped spinning. Twice my legs popped out, both times going down gentle slopes when my legs thought to rest. To the guy in the big truck with two kayaks on top, it looked "Totally awesome!" while to Carole behind me it probably looked like I was at the Topsfield Fair riding a pony way too small, my legs spread wide trying to find something to do while the pedals spun like mad.

It was a mostly flat course with unbelievable views of the ocean. Some spots were new to me, Rockport, while others I knew, like Latitude 43 in Gloucester, the town I told most of my friends we were getting married in, to Baleen's annoyance, as I figured they'd know it from The Perfect Storm if they hadn't heard of Ipswich. Too bad there'll be a foot of snow next time I'm there.













No comments: