Monday, October 10, 2011

Wide Open Spaces

There was a Montana crowd at our North Shore Wedding. Somebody even took the train, 48 hours from Billings to Back Bay. He's on it now, probably just outside Akron. But outside of that half, it felt like the New England to me, with soccer fields bordered by field stone and Red Sox caps all over town, defiant once again. Even the hosting house on Friday had huge stones where other houses have yards or trees, steps that I scrambled up and then used the flash from my camera to find my way down.


The Sunday night wedding made yesterday feel like Saturday and today like Sunday night as I didn't make it to work today. So tomorrow's my mental Monday and I'll finish a Chipotle lunch with the last of the Walgreen's 69c M&Ms, missing not just Baleen, who stuck around in Boston to see her family for a week while she works from home, but also the buffet of wedding desserts, including real miniature ice cream cones that a 14 year old girl assured me were the best items on offer.


No comments: