Friday, October 14, 2011

JK

Well, that latent man crush on Josh Krasinski is fading a bit. It started a few months ago when Baleen came off some plane raving about It's Complicated where this great son-in-law was accepted by everybody and how Baleen loved the movie and Santa Barbara and fresh pastries. I saw it some time later with Baleen and liked it and liked when Baleen pointed out Meryl Streep whistling for the bartender's attention and how that's her mom's favorite part, and while I liked the guy she liked, he was surrounded by girls the whole time and what I really liked was Alex Baldwin boxing with himself.

Then she got off some other plane raving about Something Borrowed and then I got onto some other plane and saw it and watched it closely and saw that same Krasinski again. He stole the show. On my individual plane TV I kept rewinding the part where the girl whacks him with the badminton racket.

Then came Hulu Plus. And The Office. Done. But it's in a lull right now, somewhere toward the beginning of season 3. It feels like a 50 mile bike ride when I'm on mile 20 right now, heading into the wind, and I'm riding next to JayBird and Merlin's Beard and know I won't win, but I've still got to keep going cause the ride's worth it. That's because I saw some episode on a plane somewhere where Jim and Pam were baptizing their baby so I know that's coming and everybody else probably knew it was coming for months and months and then maybe years and years while the producers dragged it out. But they're throwing diversions now and my interest is waning. And not just because I think I know the result. I'll probably keep going but skip a few episodes as Baleen will be back soon and when she is, my marathon TV watching will be over. No more cauliflower either.


No comments: