Friday, September 30, 2011

1952

Baleen made a piping hot dinner while I was in the living room putting together the electronics. Had she been in an apron, and our TV been 13 inches instead of 47" then it could have been 1952. Were that the case the scorecard would read, Baleen 1, Hopalong 0 because I couldn't make the DVD I'd bought from Best Buy display any color while Baleen made the best damn dinner of anybody in the Mission suburbs last night.

Thankfully, it's 2011, and when the DVD didn't show the stack full of library DVDs like I wanted it to, I just signed up for Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant Video, both of which are embedded on our TV.

So a Friday night that could have been a disaster, and once would have been a long night out, turned into a wonderful night in. A glass of chocolate milk and Steve Martin turning back the clock with Parenthood, his preview of the roller coaster to come.


2 comments:

Matt Abbot said...

I never thought I'd see a TV in the Griff Behncke household.

Baleen & Hopalong said...

And a fine one it is. Even comes with a remote control.