Monday, December 5, 2011

Yeast

Vegemite bites. It might be my fault, I could have applied it wrong, but I don't like it, and I'm justifying it by saying it's legitimately bad, not like when George Bush 41 said he didn't like broccoli and as president, he didn't have to eat it. Broccoli's good. Vegemite's bad.

I had it at The Wedge, a sandwich shop in Glebe that any Mission Cycler would have been proud to have sponsor their jersey alongside Bi-Rite or Tartine. There were two pieces of toast with a few ounces of Nutella, Vegemite and butter. When the toast was gone so was the butter and the Nutella, but not the vegemite.

I checked a bag through security on the way back so Baleen could sample two different jars of vegemite, and it's been two straight mornings of butter and vegemite on toast. That's where I could have gone wrong, slathering a healthy chunk on there without any butter, but the way things are headed, there's a good chance I'll soon be outnumbered in my own household 2 to 1 by Vegemite loving family members.


No comments: