Thursday, December 15, 2011

28

Shrimp Jr turned twenty-eight today. I think she's past the age where she's measuring her height each December 15th though she still has homework and gets report cards, just not the kind that require Grizzly and Wood Duck to sign them.

I could have used her this morning up Hawk Hill as it was 2011's last assault on 7.36. Rain and cold kept everybody except for Asprilla and another away, but the rain meant Asprilla brought his cross bike which meant that I was taking the hill on my own.

It was a good ride, enough to earn me two digital jerseys in the absence of most everybody else for the way up and the sprint through the Presidio, but to break 7.36, it looks like I'll need some help. 7.50 is all I could do solo. Here's to Hawk Hill in 2012 and Shrimp Jr continuing to get report cards she can happily put in front of mom and dad.

2 comments:

erb22 said...

Thanks Waterworks! I found out I got an A in one of my classes yesterday, so that was a good birthday present. Congrats on the two jerseys. Look forward to hearing about many more in 2012.

Baleen & Hopalong said...

Heck, yes, Shrimp Jr. Heck, yes.