Friday, December 2, 2011

With Hopalong Gone...

Unlike when I was traveling for work and Hopalong was home alone, my evenings were not filled with a swim in the frigid bay, a pound of pasta and 25 minutes of my legs propped up against the wall and back on the hardwood floor in order to "get the lactic acid out."  In looking back on my first solo week in over a year, I am delighted and amused to see how I chose to spend my alone time in my new "maternal" state.  Where 3 years ago I would have booked dinner (definitely kicked off with a glass of champagne) with a different friend every night, this week was marked by healthy dinners, online shopping with a warm cup of pregnancy tea or a Trader Joe's Chocolate bar (which won the Baleen and Hopalong blind taste test against several European and New Zealand contenders, by the way) and a few "bouts" of productivity. I am chuckling at how almost "stereotypical" I unconsciously was!

For dinner, I made myself a salad with spinach, asparagus, boiled egg, parm cheese and wild sockeye salmon.  I entertained myself by buying adorable silk maternity pants that I don't see leaving my wardrobe even post-maternity and I closed the gap on the list of Christmas gifts remaining to buy.  In one of my fleeting states of productivity, I framed the pigment reindeer print we bought for Baxter's nursery!

Enjoyable week, but definitely nothing compared to my weeks with Hopalong.

xo, Baleen

My Salmon Salad

                                  My new silk pants from Hatch Collection.

Baxter's first piece of artwork


2 comments:

Hopalong said...

ahhhhhh. I'm in the Air NZ lounge drinking a Coopers Pale Ale, reading about CUBs in Australia's Wild West(Cashed Up Bogans) and wishing I was home with you!!!! I love Baxter's first piece of art! He just might join Scandavia's Sami Reindeer Herders with that initial impression (Nat Geo, Nov 11, the issue in the kitchen)

erb22 said...

Gust blogger!! I saw the pictures before anything else today. Thought the print didn't seem too unreasonable, but then really thought Baleen had changed my brother if he was posting about fashion.