Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Turn!

At 3:00 am this morning I shouted, Turn, Turn! loud as can be. Baleen woke up laughing and told me that she'd turn from her back to her side, but that I didn't have to shout so loudly. It was loud. I really shouted it. I was dreaming, I said. About what, Baleen asked?  I was playing in a soccer game with our son's team and our forward was in front of the goal with the ball headed his way and he needed to turn and go to goal. Baleen was wide awake now and wanting something other than what I wanted, which was to fall asleep again, and she asked question after question about our son and how he was playing and if he was aggressive or quiet or a good soccer player and how come he wasn't the one getting the ball in front of the goal.

Three hours later I was chasing St Nick and Subway up the Start. Christopher Robin was in bed, resting for the bigger hills now that he's a recognized racer, and the chase lacked a little uumph without him. I did what I haven't done much of lately, which is lead a group through the Flats, and when it came to the Circle, I was feeling it.

If I want to break 7:30 or even crack the Top 15 with 7:23, this is where it'll have to happen. Of the three main segments, I'm in the top 1% on the Start, the top 2% on the Flats, but just barely the top 10% after ther Circle. Woe to me. This morning's final push was good, my third fastest, and almost enough to catch Subway, but in the end, not quite good enough for either. 

No comments: