Monday, January 2, 2012

2012

It's back to San Francisco and a week of routine for me starting with a day of work while Baleen continued her last day of freedom. That meant a healthy, wonderfully prepared meal of things that I hadn't thought of, like Dover sole wrapped with spinach and feta. I told you that Dover sole would be appearing again, and it has, thankfully.

Baleen's probably working from home tomorrow which means a few things. Breakfast together, even if hers is a healthy bowl of cereal while I return from the bike ride with Tartine, and another well-cooked meal, work permitting. Because working from home for me would mean walks around the neighborhood and general inefficiency, but for Baleen, it's the opposite.

It's heightened efficiency along with another 90 minutes of productivity in front of the computer rather than calling friends and family in the car. Half the time she never makes it out of her pajamas, which is how I find her in the early evening when I get home, starving for never having been outside. In about twenty hours I'll know if it's another wonderfully cooked meal at home or some wonton soup from Eric's, the Chinese restaurant a few doors down.


No comments: