Friday, January 6, 2012

Grapefruit

Things will get a bit confusing here. Baleen's reintroduced me to Grapefruit, which was Shrimp Jr's nom de guerre in the made up bedtime stories told by Grizzly. Got it?

I didn't much like grapefruits then (the fruit, not the stories). When Grizzly would occassionally carve one for breakfast, dusted with sugar, I never ever liked it enough considering the strict sugar rationings imposed by Wood Duck to have any, and would refuse it as if it were a lemon.

But it's winter in San Francisco, despite the temperature, and when I run out of pears, Baleen's grapefruits are all that's left. So with a little maturity, I'm giving grapefruits a second chance, and while they haven't, and I don't think they will replace chocolate after dinner, it's a good complement. So far.





No comments: