Thursday, March 15, 2012

Leisure

Baleen's biggest concerns right now are bedsores. Oh, the calm before the storm. The seismograph machine next to her says the contractions are ninety seconds apart yet her demeanor suggests I've got some time before I get to be a father.

Let's keep the focus on me for a second. So far, I've seen The Descendants, had the ham and Brie sandwich and am looking forward to tomorrow's California Club, been sent to Walgreen's for some chocolate (which Abigail's mom thinks was really for me, to which I say, had I known there would be chocolate in the birth room, I would have brought it, not bought one), filled 8 cups of water, and given 0 massages.

I think all that will soon change, as will my ability to update friends and family. The pitocin is in, as of thirty minutes ago, and for the first time of the day, Baleen said she needed something now. See you soon friends and family. But not too soon. Xo


2 comments:

Sprinkles and Tarts said...

Just checked in to see how you two are doing (more specifically you, Ash!). Thinking of you 2.5!!! XO

Sprinkles and Tarts said...

ps- this is lindsey!