Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exercise

I feel out of shape and want my body back, said one (unnamed) new San Francisco dad to his wife.

On day 4, I biked four blocks to La Boulange for a baguette. On day 5, our family of three and Gigi aborted our small walk when Baleen fainted two blocks in. On day 8, I took the Dragon Boss on his first walk around the block, just the two of us, looking ahead for other pedestrians and crossing the block when those with fully developed immune systems encroached. On day 13, I went for a run.

Our family of three drove up Clipper all the way to Ocean Beach, 20 minutes from door to sea. Baleen and the sleeping Dragon Boss hung out along the seawall while I ran south along the pretty hard-packed sand. From the south side of the parking lot to the big drainage pipe is exactly 2 miles.

In my sleep and sweat deprived state, the 4 mile run took me 29 minutes and brought me the furthest I've been from Baleen and The Dragon Boss in these last 13 days. The good news? To get 2 miles away took just under fifteen minutes, but to get back to my family? Less than that, meaning I ran faster to them than I ran from them.




No comments: