Monday, November 14, 2011

B&B United

Margarine married Big Emma on Saturday. It was a wonderful weekend shared with wonderful people. I don't have a picture of the new man and wife, but when I do, I'll post it. Until then, it's worth knowing that Baleen beat me in that other event, the speech.

She spoke on Friday at the rehearsal dinner and told Big Emma what it's like to be married to our family. She made sure to make fun of Wood Duck, gently, and brought the house down when she told Big Emma that she'd need fluency in a second language, military jargon, to be able to understand Grizzly's emails. There's MRE for Meals Ready to Eat and AO for Areas of Operation, both of which she found in Grizzly's emails, and the third one that Grizzly doesn't use, that she put in there for all of us but especially for Grizzly was CAPE, Corrective Action through Physical Exertion.

I spoke the next day in front of a wider audience, and only one person told me that my speech just might have been better than Baleen's, which made me feel pretty good for a second, until his wife shouted as he was speaking to me, "William, you're drunk! Get back over here and stop standing in the bushes."


No comments: