Tuesday, November 22, 2011

80/20

If Woody Allen said that eighty percent of being successful in life is showing up, then my twenty percent was pushing up Hawk Hill that final little bit when I looked back and saw Mr Baldwin chasing me. There weren't the all-stars out, Nick at Nite, Merlin's Beard and JayBird were kept away by the weather, cranberry sauce, or maybe something else, like sleep or a lungy baby, but I got the jersey that Baleen thinks I've long deserved.

I'll attribute it to persistence, but Baleen, or Hausfrau, as she may prefer to be called in this week without work for her, may think it has to do with last night's dinner. I came home to a balanced meal of protein, veggies and starch that was made special by that extra step, in this case a sauce made mostly of Crispin's super premium quality hard cider.

She's at home now, doing the things she never can with that long commute, like sleeping in, getting groceries and maybe even getting a pre-natal massage. Those are the mundane, workaday things that I save her from with my job in the same place that I live, except for that last part.



No comments: