Friday, July 13, 2012

(Remember the) Maine

TDB took 3 months to visit his second state which went alright so he thought, why not make it 4 in before I hit 4 months? So we strapped him into the car and said hi to New Hampshire for a few miles to get to Maine and great-grandpa Robert Bruce and great grandma Barracuda in South Portland.

Robert the Bruce welcomed us with a dozen lobsters, of which I had two, the second with a little more gusto after Baleen showed me again how to remove the tail and took the body from the junk pile that I had put it in and made me rip it apart to get to the knuckles.

He followed it up with some high quality sirloin from Omaha Steaks with a view of the harbor from his deck and told TDB that he would take him to Whitby, the coastal town in the northeast of England where Captain Cook learned his trade, but not until he was twelve, because by that point, great-grandpa Robert the Bruce said, TDB will be able to carry my bags. 

No comments: