Friday, August 24, 2012

South End

The Dragon Boss went to the South End for the first time tonight, 5 months into his life and about 24 years before the age I made my first visit. He didn't get in the water, Baleen made sure of that, but he did get a little wet.

It was the bi-annual Run Jump Swim, the event that SdB abandoned 3 laps in while in second place about a year ago (where's #22? - in the sauna, Baleen said). Numbered t-shirts come to the first twelve finishers.

Which means the bi-annual battle begins. I try and win a shirt, Baleen tries to throw it out. Two summers ago she left my first RJS shirt on a goat path along a Greek island. The one from this spring is in my dresser drawer, the same place where the second RJS will be with the same letter on the right sleeve, #12.

No comments: