Monday, August 13, 2012

1 Sock

Somwhere between 27th Street and 22nd Street The Dragon Boss lost a sock. He was on my chest in the Baby Bjorn, facing out, just staring at things with his head up as he always does in the morning, and when I reached down to hold onto his feet, I got a handful of cotton and a handful of skin.

I definitely didn't know he had lost the sock and I don't think he did, either. He did make a sound just past La Boulange on 24th Street, but I think that was his Good Morning! shriek to Otis, the black lab we've seen twice now, and not a There goes my sock, dad! shriek.

Had he not been the biggest baby in the hospital in this year of the Dragon, perhaps we'd call him One Sock or Missing Sock. Then we could get back to calling Shrimp Jr by her real name again, Full Moon.

No comments: