Friday, September 21, 2012

Swings

I taught that boy everything he knows about swinging. Papa

Practically everybody had taken The Dragon Boss to the swings except me. Papa and Marmee put him in his first swing, taking him to both the 30th Street park and the Disneyland of city parks, Mission Dolores. Then Baleen took him to 30th Street on one of her days off. That left just me who hadn't pushed TDB in the swings and seen that big smile.

So we went swinging. The word is that the swings can get crowded in the Mission suburbs so we went early and found the whole row open. All the better to really get a good swing on I thought, while Baleen thought that TDB might not be as interested as supposedly, he likes to look at other, older children in the adjoining swings and do what they do.

But there was nothing to fear. TDB looked at the kids on the roundabout and let me push him as high as I wanted to, which seemed pretty high to me laying down on the spongy floor. But he wasn't bothered. He just kept his hand in his mouth and kept swinging.


No comments: