Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mystery Buyer

There's a consumer amongst us. One of you bought two books, those below, through an Amazon link on this blog. I think it's the same person. All I know is that both books were bought on the same day. Full disclaimer here: links on this blog that send you to Amazon net me an advertiser fee if you purchase the book, generally 4% of the sales price.

4% of these two books is $0.92. Baleen wants to cash out and take a taxi to her next doctor's appointment. Doh. You shouldn't keep too many secrets in a marriage, but I already regret telling her about this windfall. Had I kept it to myself, I would have plowed the proceeds directly into the 529 education fund for our son-to-be. That initial investment of $0.92 would be $3.00 by the time he was a freshman, assuming an annual return of 6%. Just enough for a slice of pizza.


No comments: