Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Houston

The Dragon Boss almost came to Houston with me. The week before I'd had one half of me in my boss' office trying to coordinate with her boss in Houston while the other half was on the phone with Baleen asking, When are you going to Brazil, When are you going to London? When are you going to the UAE?

Instead, Aunt Wizzie and Uncle Margarine just got me, as I slept in the same guest bedroom at the top of the stairs where our family of 3 did over Thanksgiving except this time, instead of TDB sleeping in the closet, I hung some clothes in there.

Baleen called me on her drive back from work on Tuesday, interrupting the second gargantuan plate of meat in front of me in as many meals, and told me what I'd told her two or three times before, which is what I had told Cooper's mom and Rowan's dad and almost anybody else with an infant and an iPhone, which is that she was surprised how attentive she was with TDB when it was just the two of them. No distractions, no assumptions that your spouse has TDB or could get to him if he were to fall, just the two of you. So while I'm glad that I saw Aunt W and Uncle M and got to see my boss' boss again, I'm really glad that Baleen learned what I already know. 

No comments: