Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bachelor

The manliness sadness begins. I dropped The Dragon Boss and Baleen off at the airport this morning for their flight to Boston. Gigi must be estactic. Mother and son will be in mother's hometown for two weeks of show and tell - and two weeks without dad. I'm trying to hold it together.

To get by, I'll be doing the things that I haven't the last 14 weeks, like ride Hawk Hill more than once a month, eat pasta from the pan, swim in the Bay, read books that don't have pictures showing how to insert a thermometer into a baby's rectum and most luxioursly, sleep.

It might start tomorrow with an early morning Hawk Hill raid. Then again, I might choose to sleep through the night. But for any of these, I'll only do it in between calls and Face Time with Baleen and TDB. Because if I could hang out with my family for these two weeks, sleeping, reading and exercising be damned, I most defnitely would.

No comments: