Monday, May 7, 2012

Routine

Baleen and I cooked the pastor's pizza on Sunday night for Rowan's parents, the perfect day before prep to serve to four adults with two babies. We ate between 6 and 7pm, bathed The Dragon Boss while we transitioned to dessert, then he got his dinner just after 7 in the bright, back lights of the kitchen.

I've been feeding him the bottle at this final, evening feed as he's been protesting anything Baleen offers him with a shrill, I want my six ounces now! The bottle takes about six or seven minutes to give him what he needs while it takes him up to an hour with Baleen. She still takes most of the night feeds.

I put him down awake, but on his way to sleep I thought as I hurried back to the kitchen to make sure Baleen hadn't eaten all of the Anthony's Cookies that Rowan's parents brought over. I found a plate of cookies, but The Dragon Boss wasn't quite ready for sleep so Baleen went on in and recited Brown Bear, Brown Bear from memory as she has for each of the last few nights. Tonight, the Dragon Boss will get his final evening feed in his darkened bedroom while I'll still run into the kitchen to see if any of the half dozen cookies that were in the Anthony's box when I left this morning are still there. And yes, I did count before I left. Half a dozen.



No comments: